COVID-19: Keep up to date with the latest information via our Frequently Asked Questions. If you are experiencing a power cut or loss of supply, click here.

Get a quote

Loss of supply

What to do if you have a power cut locally or lose your gas supply.

Find your local Distribution Network Operator

If you experience a power cut, contact your local Distribution Network Operator (DNO). The map below shows each DNO’s location alongside a two digit identifier that corresponds to the first two numbers on your Meter Point Administration Number.

Loss of electricity supply

Distribution Network Operators (DNOs) are licensed to distribute electricity in Great Britain by the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets.

There are fourteen geographically defined areas shown on the map, based on the former Area Electricity Board boundaries, where the distribution network operator distributes electricity from the transmission grid to homes and businesses.

If you need to get in touch with your local Distribution Network Operator (DNO) due to a power outage in your area – you can now call 105.

You’ll need the following information when you call:

  • Customer Account number or Meter Point Reference Number
  • The serial number of the faulty meter (taken from the meter, not the bill)
  • The Emergency visit reference number (this will be on the paperwork left by the Emergency engineer)
  • The description of the fault (this will be on the paperwork left by the Emergency engineer)
  • A site contact name and telephone number.

Loss of gas supply

If you can smell gas or suspect a leak, or are experiencing pressure problems or loss of gas supply, phone the Gas Emergency helpline on 0800 111 999.

If the Gas Emergency engineer discovers a fault with the gas meter or regulator, please telephone 0345 070 1265 to report this.